Monday, March 17, 2008

Figure Drawing - Fall '07

Figure drawing is not my best subject, but gave it a shot in this required class. I also gave more time and energy to my other classes during that same semester. You'll see why I'm not an Illustration major! But, to record some of my exercises and sketches from the class, I'll still post some I picked out. The teacher was a very nice man, but tough grader...so I was very excited that I received one "A" grade from him - for the hands drawing. It was the drawing I put in the art show in an earlier posting. After the art show though, I made some more adjustments to it and he loved it and gave me the "A" - which is a big deal coming from him, as he's extremely picky and expecting professional quality work (and this is a beginner class). I'm posting the hands drawing in this posting again as the final piece.

p.s. yes...these were drawn of live nude models in person (except the face portrait and hands -which were assignments using photographs to draw from). These were all done with charcoal and since the models posed for short times, I never finished the sketches.

My very first drawing without instruction is the first one below. A bit embarrassing...but good to see the progress(!). Warm-up exercises (quick gesture poses) come after that.















































































































Portrait assignment - done in record time! (still needs work):


The hand drawing I mentioned...

In the first photo below, under the drawing, you can see the original photo of the image. You can click on the images to view them larger, then your back button on your browser to return.






























































No comments: