Monday, December 24, 2007

Finished Abstract

After chizeling, pounding, and sanding away with various tools to transform a cylinder block of plaster, the abstract design is done. It can be displayed sitting on any angle, and not necessarily on the largest end as shown below. My instructor also wanted us to create a design that could be displayed and looked at by any angle/side. I added texture to this one, since I love texture and all my other projects ended up being smooth. I then painted it in layers with various colors. The lighting really makes a difference in viewing this and its colors and texture. Here, the camera flash was used, except for the last photo with white background...so you can see what I mean. I retook photos with the dark background after retouching paint and spraying the piece with a clear matte coating.

It weighs 21 lbs., 13.5 oz. and measures 10" high, 10" wide, and about 11" deep (and bottom).










No comments: