Sunday, October 21, 2007

Drawing class - Spring '07 semester's end

Okeedokee people,

Thanks for your patience. I'm finally catching up! :)

Here's where I left off in posting my final work in my first drawing class, Analysis of Form (Spring '07). We only used charcoal and it's a Foundations dept. class, so emphasizes technique and accuracy rather than creativity or personal style.

Here are the updates on the two drawings I posted earlier on in the post titled "Works in progress" in April.


Here's the still life I was working on. Due to time constraints, it's not totally complete on the right side, and other adjustments need to be made. Though it still was a success and this was a meaningful piece to me...and it is symbolic of when I overcame my struggle in this class.

cropped:

The following portrait is of actor Ethan Hawke. I spent about 30 hours on this, which is what the school expects for this type of drawing (to do it well). Go back to my first drawing class post when I was just drawing shapes with shadows, etc...to see my progress in this class! With this final drawing, I even passed some of the students I was first intimidated by in the beginning (wow!). It was exciting and surreal to get the compliments from them and the teacher the last day of class. And to see it hanging alongside the others for the final critique. There are minor adjustments I can still do to it. This is the best drawing I've ever done! :) Woo hoo!


Close-ups:This is a fun photo which I took looking downward at the portrait!

No comments: